We’re reaching the apex of hot season for the year, so you may be wondering why gravel at Topanga State Park?
Welp, our Send it Sunday Series has had two good showings and to keep up the momentum there’s only one thing you can do: ride!
Our next meet up will be out of the Pacific Palisades because it’s always about fifteen degrees cooler than my place.
While at 34 miles and ~5k feet of climbing, this ride has a similar profile to others, it’ll be a little more difficult because most of the vert will be on dirt.
To switch things up a bit, we’ll be riding up Temescal Canyon before we hit the hub in the heart of Topanga State Park.
We’ll then continue to Dirt Mulholland where we’ll stop for water at the Nike Base.
After rolling down Westridge, we’ll double back into the shaded Sullivan Canyon for about a four mile climb before rolling out on Sullivan Road back to home.
Send it Sunday Aug 25 Route (Subject to change)
The route is tentative because if it’s a hot day, we’ll shorten the distance or people can bail out at Westridge.
Here’s a some information, tips, and updated rules to abide by:
- The first rule is that this is an unsupported ride and everyone rolls at their own risk.
- Coffee at 7:30AM, ride meet up at 8AM, rollout at 8:15AM (we’ve been on schedule both times)
- Make sure to bring your own tubes and a couple of water bottles. We’ll be stopping at two spots along the way for refills.
- I’d say riding tires 32mm and above will do the trick for most, but the climb out of Sullivan Canyon is a tough few minutes.
- This will not be a race pace. At the same time, you have to be in very good to great shape to do this ride. If you’re just getting back into riding, I suggest you read Rule #1 again.
- Once again, there will be post ride activities for those who hang around
Of course, please RSVP on our Facebook Page and we hope to see you out Sunday, Aug 25!